We are currently seeking a Customer Service Resource Analyst I (CSRA I) who is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all ARIN region community members who contact ARIN through the help desk phone system, through our chat service, or by submitting an “Ask ARIN” ticket through the ARIN Online web service. The CSRA I will evaluate and analyze requests for the creation of organizational accounts, contacts for those accounts, and for related services from members of the community. The CSRA I will possess a good understanding and knowledge of all ARIN policies and procedures and use this knowledge in assessing requests and guiding customers. This particular position may require working evening hours and on weekends, along with the potential for swing shifts.
All ARIN employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, with some opportunity for in-office time with prior approval. ARIN is planning for a hybrid work environment for the summer of 2022. This position will be designated under a hybrid work schedule and will be required to work in the ARIN office four days per week. Please note that this is an in-house position. Relocation not provided.
Job Description and Responsibilities
· Provide exemplary customer service and technical support to members of the ARIN community. Listen to the customer, understand their requirements and suggest the most appropriate action for them to take. Direct non-routine requests to appropriate senior staff or manager.
· Provide support and positive reinforcement of ARIN business processes and practices.
· Assist customers by providing step-by-step instructions while walking them through the appropriate processes in the ARIN online application. Ensure that customers understand how to use the ARIN online application to request resources or maintain and update their data.
· Evaluate requests for the creation of customer accounts to include establishing an online web account, creating an organization record, creating point of contacts and linking objects together.
· Respond within established standards to number resource requests and related queries. Ensure the fair and appropriate application of ARIN policies and procedures.
· Verify, enter and maintain data in ARIN registration databases. Review registration data to ensure registration requests and changes to data are legitimate. Understand and be able to use selected methods to properly vet customer organizational information and to proactively discover potential fraud.
· Work with RSD management with regard to new or difficult issues and present proposed solutions.
· Work in a collaborative effort with RSD management to ensure all policies are being adhered to and new/changes in policies are being implemented correctly.
· Perform other special tasks and projects to fulfill the objectives of the Registration Services Department as directed by management.
· Become familiar with the ARIN online application and be able to communicate that knowledge to customer either over the phone or in answering Ask ARIN tickets.
· Build technical fluency on the use of number resources within the network.
· Ability and willingness to travel in accordance with ARIN travel guidelines.
· Work evenings, weekends, and swing shifts if required.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Background / Skills Required
· Excellent customer service skills. Must have the patience and attentiveness needed to listen to and help customers resolve the issue they are facing.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to use positive language and read customer mood and personality to enhance their experience. Able to stay calm under pressure.
· Minimum of one year of work experience in a technical customer service role OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related course of study.
· Ability to learn and use online research tools for the purpose of vetting customer provided information. Must be able to perform research and analysis through the use of available tools.
· Familiarity with the Internet and a basic understanding of how it works.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability and flexibility to adapt to a quickly changing environment.
Background / Skills Preferred
· Some work experience at an Internet Service Provider, or in a related environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related course of study.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, subnetting, CIDR and routing.
ARIN offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including but not limited to:
- Group health and dental insurance – ARIN pays over 90% of the premium costs
- Group vision care – FREE for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- 401(k) retirement plan - up to 9% matching after first year of service, and all contributions are 100% vested.
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per year
- Reimbursable/Paid Training and Certifications
- Casual work environment with snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Regularly-scheduled team outings and staff lunches
- Twelve paid holidays, one floating holiday, and a generous comprehensive leave program starting at 4 weeks (20 days)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
ARIN employees are currently working from home with an option to work at the office.
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this roleJob activity
Employer reviewed job 9 days ago
Posted 12 days ago