Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Human Resources
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Review and monitor a variety of human resources transactions and supervise the workflow and processing of administrative and personnel paperwork specifically related to the function of University-wide special payroll activity.
- Coordinate administrative processes and provide assistance with training, communication, and the evaluation of processes with responsibility to make recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Assist in the management of a central e-mail box and HR phone line as a primary resource for information to employees, departmental liaisons, applicants and others, and ensure professional, courteous and timely delivery of customer service.
- Respond to inquiries by gathering information and composing routine correspondence; assist in updating and maintaining central repository of reference/resource information.
- Track, review, sort and analyze HR documents; may assist with the maintenance and design of file and record keeping systems.
- Research, collect and compile data and assist with preparing confidential reports that may be used in collective bargaining; record confidential data in database.
- Assist human resources professionals with special projects.
- An Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated computer software experience - MS Office with advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of diverse individuals including faculty, staff, students, University administrators and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage assigned projects within other daily responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational and administrative proficiency with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to resolve routine problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Ability to preserve confidential information and must have awareness of data integrity protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of related professional experience.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft, CoreCT or similar human resource management system or ERP.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS OneNote, Visio, PeopleSoft, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Experience accurately entering data into a computerized systems.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience working at a university or in a higher education or similar environment.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, confidential/exempt position, requiring the successful candidate to work 40 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.