- Not provided by employer
- $41K - $52K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Remote.
Summary of position
Search for Common Ground’s Children & Youth division seeks an Arabic and English-speaking Consultant to facilitate a program based on the Youth 360 methodology, developed by Search for Common Ground with our partners. Participants will be around 8 youth-led and youth-serving groups from the Middle East and North Africa region who are shortlisted to receive funding through a competitive process for climate mitigation and adaptation efforts.
The Consultant must have working proficiency in both English and Arabic. The Consultant will work under the guidance of the Children & Youth division’s program manager and will be responsible for designing and implementing capacity strengthening for the youth organizations over a period of around 9 months. This includes organizing a series of workshops and supporting the set-up of a mentorship program for the youth-led organisations.
It is possible for this position to be remote or located in the MENA Region.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Work with the CY program manager to develop and implement an assessment for the youth organizations’ operational and technical capacities
- Develop capacity strengthening plans for each youth organization
- Design a workshop series for youth organizations, drawing on existing Search curricula among others, and identify and engage guest speakers for workshops and lectures where appropriate
- Implement workshops focused on relevant subject areas for strengthening operational or technical capacities, such as improving project design and implementation
- Support the recruitment of mentors
- Document lessons learned on supporting youth organisations to strengthen and implement their projects
- Serve as the primary focal point for the youth organizations throughout the program
- The consultancy will last from July 2022 through June 2023. The Consultant is expected to work 80-90 days on this assignment. The consultancy agreement may be extended to provide further support to the implementation of the program, pending additional funding.
Fluency in Arabic and English and previous experience with the Youth 360 approach, is strongly preferred. In addition, the Consultant should have:
- Experience of working with youth-led and youth-serving organizations in the MENA region
- Experience of designing and implementing capacity building for young people and staff working with young people
- Strong oral and written communication in English and Arabic
- Strong organizational skills
- A good understanding of climate issues in the MENA region
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work. All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity - Tenacity - Empathy - Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest, and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth, and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults. Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 12 days ago